A faculty and staff directory is a given for any college or university website. It should be easy to find and easy to navigate for students and staff. And when you use the faculty directory module that integrates with our OU Campus web content management system (CMS), you can build and manage a dynamic directory that enforces design consistency, while giving your faculty and staff control over their own pages.
Following are examples from OU Campus users who have taken directories in a creative direction:
- Arkansas State University-Beebe allows users to search by campus.
- The Florida Gulf Coast University directory automatically conducts word searches from one main search box, partial titles, office addresses, and email addresses.
- Queens University of Charlotte highlights various faculty in tiles below the standard Department dropdown menu and Search box.
- Tacoma Community College allows users to search the directory by type, including adjunct faculty, work study, classified, hourly, exempt professional, and faculty. Users can also search by a specific department.
- The University of South Carolina School of Music provides an alphabetical list of faculty and staff that can be filtered to show results for faculty only.
- Indian Hills Community College in Iowa features directory information with a picture of each faculty/staff member.
- Widener University’s Center for Hospital Management provides a succinct list of faculty that fits on one page of the website and each faculty member’s profile includes tabs for Education, Courses, Publications, and the like.
- Wenatchee Valley College in Washington allows each faculty and staff member to include a photo, brief bio, and education credentials with directory information.
Interested in seeing a demo of the OU Campus faculty directory module? Request a demo today.