Is redesigning your college or university website one of your New Year’s resolutions? How about automating tasks to free your time for more important duties? If yes, then maybe implementing a new web content management system (CMS) should be a resolution, too. A good CMS will have features and tools for simplifying website management.
Whether you are a college or university administrator, marketer, IT professional, web developer, or website content contributor, consider the following ways you can maximize a CMS and simplify your job:
- Enforce accessibility. The last thing you want in the new year is a letter from the OCR, especially after
you’ve gone through a redesign. A good CMS can enforce accessibility compliance as
mandated by the Office of Civil Rights prior to page publication.
- Automate workflow. Review and approve content updates on your new site with ease by using the multi-stage
workflow that comes with a good CMS. This prevents any lag in publishing, so site
visitors get the information they need in a timely manner.
- Stop updating security patches manually. Manually updating and adding patches is time-consuming and risky. Invest in a CMS
that will automatically update with each new release, so your system is never left
vulnerable to attacks.
- Get integrated. You’d be surprised how much time you waste with work-arounds and other fixes for
systems that are not compatible. Maybe it’s time to implement a CMS with comprehensive
APIs that allow quick and easy integrations.
- Make editing easy. Users shouldn’t have to know how to code to make changes to your website. With a one-click
access CMS, you and your content contributors can create and manage digital content
with easy-to-use features like in-context WYSIWYG editing and drag-and-drop tools.
- Have data at your fingertips. Nothing is more frustrating than being asked to pull a report about your site’s performance and having to spend days getting the right information together. A good CMS integrates with Google Analytics and your social channel analytics so that you have pertinent data at your fingertips.
Make the best decision of the year by exploring a content management system that will help you simplify and streamline tasks to maximize your new web presence. Begin by downloading our latest white paper, Choosing a Web CMS: Laying the Foundation for a Redesign.