2018 E-Expectations Trend Report
How Digital Engagement Shapes the Way High School Juniors and Seniors Choose a College
There’s a high school student who is a great fit for your institution. She’s interested in one of your strongest academic offerings, would mesh with your campus culture, and is a good student who will qualify for scholarships. As she conducts her college search—on her phone and her laptop—she visits web pages, reads emails from your campus, and checks out your social media accounts. Yet she never really engages with your institution and enrolls elsewhere. Why? Because your digital presence didn’t meet her expectations.
This report produced by Ruffalo Noel Levitz and OmniUpdate provides you with insights from high school juniors and seniors so you can engage and inform them wherever they interact with your institution online. It answers key questions such as:
- How do students rank admissions resources you provide, from most valuable to least?
- What keeps students engaged with your website, and what will undermine their experience?
- How do students want to connect with your campus?
- Which social media platforms matter, and how do preferences differ for juniors and seniors?
- What do students look for first when they visit your website?