Choosing a Web CMS: Laying the Foundation for a Redesign
Are you charged with selecting the next CMS for your institution?
Your college or university has made the decision to redesign your website and now you’ve been given the enormous responsibility of choosing a web content management system (CMS) to manage the new site. This decision affects hundreds if not thousands of users on your campus, impacts the reach you have on prospective students, supports the digital presence of your school, and is a costly investment of time, resources, and dollars.
Taking the time to consider your institution’s specific needs and the steps required to get there will help you make an informed decision when choosing a CMS and will ultimately lay the foundation for a successful website redesign.
This white paper includes:
- What Is a Content Management System?
- Why Choose a CMS Before a Redesign?
- Upgrade Your CMS or Purchase a New One: Which Is Best for Your School?
- Content Management Systems for Higher Education: Is There a Difference?
- Open Source versus Commercial
- Making the Decision: Who Should Be Included?
- Administration Problems the Right Higher Ed CMS Can Solve
- IT Problems the Right Higher Ed CMS Can Solve
- Marketing Problems the Right Higher Ed CMS Can Solve
- CMS Features to Consider
- Improving Accessibility with a CMS
- Choosing the Right CMS Partner
Choosing a Web CMS: Laying the Foundation for a Redesign is the third in a multi-part series of white papers to help institutions in higher education initiate, plan, and launch a comprehensive website redesign.
Other white papers in the series:
Get the white paper: