Camarillo, CA - January 14, 2009 - OmniUpdate, the leading provider of web content management software (CMS) and social networking solutions for higher education, announced today that it brought on board more than 50 new clients during 2008, resulting in the largest year of new sales growth in the company's history.
Highlights from the past year include:
- The release of version 8.0 and 8.1 of the company's flagship web CMS, which simplified the user interface, increased speed and functionality, and offered unique and highly requested features such as Multi-Browser Preview and Stale Page Reminder
- The addition of EMT Instant Chat and Social Networking to the company's product portfolio, making available popular social media solutions
- The offer of Transcode-It(TM), a free service that allows users to quickly convert, upload, and display any video as Flash on a web page
- The expansion of staff in sales, marketing, and support, plus the launch of a professional services department
- The largest OmniUpdate User Conference ever and an expanded multi-track Training Workshop - both events provided opportunities for learning, teaching, and sharing with customers
Some of the well-respected higher education institutions selecting OmniUpdate's web CMS in 2008 include Allan Hancock Joint Community College District, Barton Community College, State University of New York at Binghamton, Columbus State Community College, Cuesta College, Duke University, Eastern Illinois University, Lock Haven University, Marist College, Michigan State University, Saint Joseph College, University of Cincinnati, Washington State Community College, Wenatchee Valley College, and Youngstown State University.
Lance Merker, President and CEO of OmniUpdate, states, "We are proud of our solid track record in providing innovative web communication tools and excellent customer service to the higher education marketplace." Lance adds, "This year has been one of significant growth. We are extremely proud of our staff and accomplishments and would like to thank all our customers for their business and support."
About OmniUpdate, Inc.
For more than 25 years, OmniUpdate, Inc. has been a leader in desktop, client-server, and Software-as-a-Service applications. Today, OmniUpdate's web content management products are used to manage more than 500 college and university websites. The company also provides social media and information portal solutions.
For more information, visit www.omniupdate.com