A content management system is a multi-year investment.
Make sure you choose a CMS for the long haul.
Behind every great website is a great content management system (CMS). If your institution wants to collaborate easily, edit efficiently, and reach more prospective students, you’ll need a powerful, extensible CMS backed by a knowledgeable, supportive provider. Take the following advice from industry experts and do your due diligence on systems and providers before you commit.
- 11 Rules for Selecting the Right Content Management System (CMS) says that support, vendor vision, community, and the stability and focus of a CMS provider are key to choosing the right CMS.
- Kerry-Anne Gilowey, a content strategy consultant, shares how to identify key management needs and communicate them to decision-makers effectively in her presentation Getting Your Specs in a Row: Your Role in CMS Selection.
- The How to Choose a Content Management System for Higher Ed infographic illustrates the journey of choosing a CMS.
- How to Select the Right CMS article in University Business cautions that comparing open source and commercial CMS options is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
- A study in the Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks found that a CMS is critical for collecting and managing big data and learning analytics.
Continue your research by checking out Choosing the Right Campus CMS, a free guide designed exclusively for higher education professionals just like you.