Personal information collection when you visit our websites, use OU Campus, and/or use OmniUpdate developed products
Personal information refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us that identifies you personally, including contact information such as your name, email address, phone number, company name, address, and any other information about your business or yourself. Personal information can also include information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
OmniUpdate.com, OU Campus, and OmniUpdate developed products utilize Google Analytics and other tools to track and analyze internet visitor usage data, which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, domain name(s), internet service provider (ISP), the pages and files viewed on our site, operating system, length of visit, access times, referring website addresses, and web browser cookies. We also may utilize third parties to target advertisements to visitor interest categories. This information is used by OmniUpdate to operate and improve our website, products, and services; to personalize information; and to provide general statistics regarding use and user behavior so that we can continually improve them. In some cases, we do link this automatically-collected data to personal information voluntarily submitted such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
If credit card information is collected to secure payment for services, such information is not stored by OmniUpdate. Our bank assists in the processing of credit card transactions and all card information is destroyed after the transaction is successfully completed. Payments made via check are processed through private bank means and all checking information is maintained securely in our office and with our bank. Billing information is never used by OmniUpdate for marketing or promotional purposes.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of our products and services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
Our websites, products, and services will set several types of third-party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies that may be set include:
- Google Remarketing – We use Google’s Remarketing cookie to market products and services we think may be of interest to you. You may see our adverts on Google’s Display Advertising Network of partner websites and Google’s own search results pages. We aim to carefully select the products and services we remarket to you and do so based on the pages you have visited on our website. To opt out of Google Remarketing, set your Google Ad Settings.
- Typeform - OmniUpdate uses a forms tool provided by Typeform to survey our customers for feedback related to improving our products and services. We will never ask for personal information not directly related to the topic on which we’re soliciting feedback, but we often ask for the customer’s name and school affiliation. Additionally, we receive the user’s IP address in the response to the surveys. Read the Typeform Privacy and Cookie Policies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our sites.
Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources, including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Information about children
Our websites are not intended for or targeted to children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16 years of age. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com so that we may delete the information.
Do not track
Some internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, OmniUpdate websites do not currently process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track,” please visit All About Do Not Track.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing our websites and/or to improve our services and products
- Send information or content to you that we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business, products, or services
- Promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences
- Provide other companies with statistical information (not personally identifiable) about our users
- Meet legal requirements
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your personal information to the third party.
We use the information collected through our services by our customers for the following purposes:
- To provide products or services (which may include the detection, prevention, and resolution of security and technical issues)
- To respond to customer support requests
- To fulfill the obligations under our Customer Terms of Service
Customer testimonials and comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our websites that may contain personal information. We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
Retention of personal information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about our products or services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in the Opt-Out section below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your OmniUpdate account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our websites, our customers, and users of our products and/or services and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products, or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service or support. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
The OmniUpdate network has extensive protective measures in place to ensure that misuse, loss, corruption, and alteration of data does not happen. To ensure the continued security of your individualized information, OmniUpdate conducts periodic reviews of our security infrastructure, regularly updating our practices to meet the highest technological and data protection industry standards. We protect unauthorized access and inappropriate use of sensitive data at both the hardware and software levels, including the use of properly configured network firewalls, Secure Socket Layers (SSL), and VPN technologies for data in transit and encryption for data storage. Our products also incorporate advanced security features and methods, including encoded session identifications and dynamic data. The OmniUpdate team is also committed to internal policies that dictate exactly how employees may use and access secure data.
OmniUpdate does not share, distribute, print, or reference any individualized information except as may be required by law. We will only view or access individual information with specific permission as needed to implement products and services or to resolve a support issue. However, users may elect to share such information with a third-party vendor to perform certain specific services deemed reputable and secure by OmniUpdate management. Please note that each user is responsible for maintaining the security of their own email accounts and OU Campus user credentials, including passwords.
We want to make sure you are comfortable with the way we use your information and know how to change your preferences. As an OmniUpdate customer, please note that you have the right to decide how we use the information you provide to us. Should you wish to opt out of receiving general marketing information or to request deletion of your data, please send us an email request detailing your preferred level of contact and/or request for deletion of data. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your information from our contact lists and/or database(s).
You may opt out of Google's Display Advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. You also may be interested in viewing the Consumer Opt-Out page for the Network Advertising Initiative to opt out of other participating networks.
You may opt out of FullStory's analytic and error tracking by visiting fullstory.com/optout/.
Links to External Websites
Concerns or Changes
1320 Flynn Rd., Ste. 100
Camarillo, CA 93012
Get announcements straight to your inbox about our free webcasts, upcoming events, product updates, and more!